Serving families since 1936
During the Great Depression, when many families were suffering through their worst hardships in history, William Garfield Carson opened our doors for the first time.
The bartering system was used quite often. Horses, food and other material items were often exchanged for funeral services. Since those early beginnings, we have grown and changed along with the community that we serve. Moving to our present location in 1938, this historic facility provides a warm gracious atmosphere, featuring traditional rooms and intimate visiting areas decorated in attractive colors. Built in 1877, the Victorian home is on the National Register of Historic Buildings.
In 1999, it was necessary to change with the times. For the third time, the building underwent an extensive renovation, and we added an additional 3100 square feet. 2009 again brought changes to our facility as we remodeled and repurposed some rooms and added our event center called “The Bistro”. In 2014, we redid the front landscaping adding a sitting wall for outside guests with new signage and illuminated night lighting.