Guarantee your Wishes
The benefits of preplanning
When pre-planning a funeral, all of your thoughts and wishes are planned for. Your family will know what you want, and not what they think you want. At Carson & Son Funeral And Cremation Services, we’ll help you put it in writing. Writing it down will help avoid family disputes, or involvement by others that may not know what your wishes are. Your loved ones won’t question: “Did we do the right thing? Did we forget anything? Is this what she/he wanted? Did we spend too much?” All that is eliminated because you put it in writing.
Pre-planning is the first step; this step allows us to gather your vital information and decisions. We will then file this information until the time comes for when it is needed.
Many people are considering ways to fund their funeral. If you would choose to do this also, this step will actually allow you to set money aside to be used for your funeral expenses. There are a few ways to approach putting money aside for funeral expenses, so we have trained licensed pre-need specialist at our funeral home that can explain all of them to you.
Pre-planning along with pre-funding work together because they offer peace of mind. Your survivors will not be burdened with decisions regarding your funeral.
Pre-funding allows for protection from Nursing Home Costs. Unlike other investments (including cash value of traditional life insurance) that you own, the dollars you place into a correctly structured final expense plan will not count as an asset if you enter a nursing home. The full cost of your funeral can be protected using an irrevocable insurance trust.
Since 1960, the number of pre-planned funerals has increased by 1000%. Why such a dramatic increase in Pre-Planned Funerals?
Because pre-planning guarantees:
- Your wishes will be fulfilled.
- You will spare your loved ones any unnecessary financial burden.
Pre-planning your own funeral makes sense because it allows you to take full control of your funeral right now. You can save your loved ones the trauma of making difficult decisions without knowing exactly what you would have wanted.
Pre-planning allows you to confer with your loved ones and make your plans together, thus resolving your most personal matters with a clear mind, in a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. In return, you will save the people you care about most from the emotional turmoil and burdensome decisions that an unplanned funeral can often bring.
When you pre-arrange and pre-pay, you can be assured that definite arrangements have been made and no other financial decisions need to be faced. Your funds are held in your name, in an instrument designed solely for providing the funeral you have chosen at the time of need. In fact, since pre-paying ensures that you are protected against inflation, you can save thousands of dollars to spend as you please or leave to your loved ones.
Please add any additional information as desired. The link below will take your visitors to the Pre-planning form so that they can get started.
You can take the first steps of pre-arranging by:
- Contacting one of Carson & Son’s funeral directors, who will arrange a no obligation consultation that is cost-free. The meeting can take place at our funeral home or in the privacy of your own home.
- You can plan your arrangements online. Carson and Son is affiliated with The Family Advisor which allows you to pre-plan all your arrangements online. You may choose all your funeral and burial arrangements, including casket or urn selection.
- You can complete our online pre-arrangement form. One of Carson & Son’s funeral directors will transfer your information to a formal document that will be mailed to you for you to put in safekeeping with your other personal papers. Click here to submit your information.